Saturday, April 02, 2005

Starting out

We're still getting the hang of Sydney after moving up from Melbourne in January. The one thing we miss are the Melbourne bars.

Last night we went to Cafe Lounge in Surry Hills - was a bit like a Melbourne bar in that it was small and low key. We liked it enough to go back I think. Our other local is the Hollywood Hotel which is an old deco Sydney pub. Also nearby is Uchi Lounge which is a really fantastic Japanese bar. The restaurant upstairs is also great.

The one thing that Sydney does have over Melbourne is low-cost food places. After Cafe Lounge we went to Don Don in Oxford St. I've been going there for a long time 'cause I use to visit Sydney a lot for work. This is a cute Japanese food place with ultra hip waitresses. I think as it's got more popular the quality has slipped a bit but it's still cheap and a great place to go.

I'm becoming more fascinated with the trumpet playing bicycle courier busker that plays in Martin Place in the mornings and then in random locations during peak hour after work. I want to get a decent photo of him sometime. Yesterday I saw him in Martin Place and then after work outside Woolworths in George St. This is my photo attempt but unfortunately you can't see anything 'cause it was too dark for my camera phone!


Crnr Pitt and Park
Originally uploaded by Rodsta.
Uhm. Somewhere in this photo is the trumpet playing busker. He does a great rendition of "Mad World" by Tears for Fears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home