Monday, April 11, 2005

Kill Your Video


Kill Your Video
Originally uploaded by Rodsta.
I was in Melbourne again over the weekend and saw this poster in Little Lonsdale St.

I thought it was kinda cool but then when I checked out the website killyourvideo.com I was sorely disappointed.

It's just another example of a big company trying to gain cred by using street culture and 'youth protest' to advertise a product. Nike are probably the worst culprits but now Pioneer are jumping in the bandwagon.

What is funny though is the competion that they are running for people to upload quicktime movies showing videos being destroyed. I checked out this example because it scored 9/10. After I watched it I was rather bemused as to why it got such a huge score because, sad to say, it is pretty crap. So I voted 1/10.

However, I noticed that my vote brought the score down to 5/10! Now if my maths is correct that means only TWO people voted for that film. I tried this out with one of the other films with similar (but slightly less dramatic results). I suspec all the vids are made up by some cocaine snorting marketing types in St Kilda Rd.

Would anyone like to start a smashyourdvd website? The URL is available - I checked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home