Monday, May 09, 2005

Cockroach


Cockroach
Originally uploaded by Rodsta.
You might not realise this but I do extensive research on the demographic of my readership.

I've discovered that 33% of my readership found my last blog entry BORING!

So just to satisfy her I'm going to write about something she finds interesting.. (and now she's telling me how many dots to put at the end of my sentences).

COCKROACHES...

Living in Sydders you just have to get use them - or that's what Sydney siders say. A bit like they all say you can't have good bars in Sydney like you do in Melbourne because the liquor licences are too expensive. I reckon that this is a bullshit excuse... If I had a dollar for every one that's told me that Sydney liquor licences are too expensive I could open my own bar!

But I've probably lost some of my audience by now - so back to cockroaches. I bought some cockroach bait tonight and was interested to read:

Step 1
Cockroaches are attracted to eat the ... bait

Step 2
After eating the bait the cockroaches return to where they hide and die.

Step 3
As cockroaches ... partake in cannibalisation of cockroaches killed by the poison, they will also go on to die.


Now it seems to me that it's no wonder cockroaches have such a bad name for themselves. They scuttle about and hangout inside the toaster but if that wasn't bad enough they also EAT EACH OTHER.

I think cockroaches need to get some media training. A good press officer to coach them on how to be more acceptable to human kind. Then they could send out press releases to tell us how great they are.

And then we'd stop trying to kill them. Who knows - we might even vote for them....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home